Monday, January 3, 2011

Doctor Who--Season 5

I finally finished Doctor Who: Season 5 today--6 months after it finished airing on television and got to thinking about why I was so hesitant about starting it.



The transition from Season 1 to Season 2 was pretty easy because I was just getting started watching it and didn't have a hopelessly massive crush on Christopher Eccleston. Besides, Rose, Jackie, and Mickey (Billie Piper, Camille Coduri, and Noel Clarke) were all still there so it wasn't a complete overhaul on the character list.

During Seasons 2-4, the Doctor (David Tennant) went through various companions but he remained the same. Season 4 ended with me in tears watching him say goodbye to all his previous companions and then regenerating.

So Season 5 began with a whole new cast. A new Doctor and companion.

I loved David Tennant and had no idea how I would feel about Matt Smith.

I was afraid I wouldn't enjoy it as much as before so I hesitated to even start it.

But now, after finishing it, I'm so glad I watched it!

Matt Smith is just fabulous! His monologues are very entertaining and he has done a great job embodying the spirit of the Doctor. And Karen Gillian (as Amy Pond) is proving to be another sassy redhead that does a great job keeping the Doctor in line. I can't wait to see what season 6 (and beyond) has in store.

1 comment: