Thursday, October 21, 2010

brick wall

Last night, I hit a brick wall. I sat in the chair staring off into space (and possibly drooling) for an indeterminate time. My brain absolutely would not function. This is when I realized that there's a reason everyone who has done polyphasic sleeping recommends starting it when you have minimal requirements on your time. I couldn't remember my name much less how to multiply trinomials.

So I went to bed and slept for about 5 hours.

I have decided to back off to a less drastic schedule of a 4.5 hour core and 2 20-minute naps. When I am off work for Christmas break I will probably transition back but it's not going to work right now.

If you are considering trying a polyphasic sleep schedule I highly recommend reading as much as you can find on the subject and listening to how others have made it work, or not. I'm a little hard-headed sometimes though.

2 comments:

  1. you have to have active things to do at the beginning! I did a lot of cleaning, my kitchen was spotless for a week, and some exercising, now that I can work on the computer I don't get as much cleaning done.

    Rosalind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosalind

    That also falls under the 'doing what other people say' lol. I didn't make my list of things to do in advance, I figured I would think of things as I went along but my brain refused to think of something other than 'let's just sit here'. I've now made a trip to the craft store so I'm prepared. :)

    ReplyDelete