Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 1

Polyphasic sleep schedule update at 4:30am. I just slept for 3 hours and I'm not as tired as I thought I would be. My plan is to drive to work early and take my 7:30am nap in my car...I'm sure I'll have no trouble sleeping then.

So far this morning my thoughts are a bit dis-jointed.

I think I'm going to count midnight-1am as still the night before and my next day starts when I wake up at 4am.

I now have 2+ extra hours in the morning before work....will I use them to be responsible and productive or to watch sci-fi?

It's too bad there isn't a 24-hour gym near here, I'd love to go work out right now.

One reason I wanted to try this is that I have friends in time zones all over the world that I rarely get to talk to and I've already had conversations with two of them because I'm awake at an unusual hour...so that part is a success.

1 comment:

  1. The initial day or two, you tend to feel more awake (I think it's adrenaline) and then the fatigue hits. Also, the naps start out less effective, but once you get fatigued, your body realizes that it has to nap and you knock out much faster.

    Rosalind

    ReplyDelete