Thursday, October 14, 2010

a little fit, a little geek

a little fit...

My exercise regime at the moment is running when I get off work at noon. I wasn't a runner until a friend of mine asked me to do a 5k with her this past Spring. Then I discovered c25k and I was off!

If you're unfamiliar with the program, you can get the schedule here. I also recommend these podcasts. It's a lot easier when you don't have to watch the clock for the timing.

Since I finished the program, I just combined my favorite songs from the podcasts and run for 30 minutes. I like being able to work out anytime and anywhere. Plus the weather right now is perfect for running and there's a nice park with a trail around the lake near where I work.

a little geek...

Tomorrow is the premier of Sanctuary Season 3!!

I found Sanctuary on Netflix a few weeks ago. It stars Amanda Tapping (Stargate) as 'someone who has chosen to embrace the full spectrum of our reality'. The group of scientists running the Sanctuary find and care for (or lock up) 'abnormals'. I've now watched Seasons 1 and 2 and I'm super-excited about Season 3 starting tomorrow!

I admit that occasionally the CGI gets a little clunky but if you like a show with good (and good-looking) actors combined with a lot of action, alien-type beings, technology, and history then I definitely recommend this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment